There is so much to do in Eilat, including some unique attractions such as the Dolphin Reef, the underwater observatory, nature trails and a host of fun activities. In this section, you will find a variety of attractions and things that should not be missed. So Without further ado, here are the best things to do in Eilat, Israel's southernmost city.
Clothing In Eilat
Have you made your booking for Eilat and started dreaming about shopping? Here’s some information about shops and malls you won't want to miss, and tips to help you decide where and when to buy clothes in Eilat and update your wardrobe!
How does a zero VAT outlet sound?
Before you head off to apparel stores without VAT in Eilat, it’s worth stopping at a place like B.G. Outlet. The store is huge, modern and unique, offering outlet items from leading Israeli and international brands such as Lee Cooper, Timberland, Nine West and many more! The store’s located not far from the Laguna, in Ofira Park, and open Sundays to Thursdays and Saturday nights (in winter too!). By the way, the store’s really close to some of Eilat’s great hotels, such as Dan Panorama. In the city you'll find other outlet stores worth stopping at, such as Golf & Co., or Adidas.
Designer stores and boutiques for women
There’s also a great variety of boutiques offering items in different areas of fashion, from designer clothing to classy accessories at very affordable prices. You'll find some of these boutiques right near the Dan Hotel along the promenade, including Maya Negri, Ronen Chen and others. If designer clothing is your thing, you’ll love these stores. And here’s a tip from Eilat locals: the King Solomon promenade has designer galleries with items at better prices than you'll find in the city center or northern city area.
A must-see: Ice Mall
The ice park has everything, not just when it comes to shopping. At its center you'll find the ice skating rink, floors devoted to all kinds of shops, and even an artists’ market. You'll find brands and food stalls, cafés and more. If the kids want a break, take them to the huge games hall on the upper level, or to the mini playground on the lower level. There’s never a lack of what to do at the Ice Mall. We recommend this shopping center which lets you enjoy one store after another, all with no VAT.
Mall Hayam Eilat
A great place for clothes shopping, Eilat’s much loved Mall Hayam is one of the oldest and most profitable malls in Israel, and for good reason. When it comes to shopping, you'll find a great array, from cosmetics to jewelry, sports goods to shoes, casual and classy clothing, at great prices. Enjoy the special Eilat atmosphere associated with this mall.
When’s the best time for clothes shopping in Eilat?
Eilat runs sales at the same time that the rest of the country does. But here’s a tip: we recommend coming in fall and even in winter, when you'll enjoy end of season prices from summer items, get the latest in new winter gear, and enjoy a pleasant and less crowded shopping experience. We always recommend comparing prices, especially if your Eilat visit focuses on shopping. A final tip: clothes stores which aren't part of a chain aren't obligated to offer cheaper prices, but many have agreed to maintain a range that keeps the prices of their items accessible. Definitely worth spending some time checking out all your options.
Shopping in Eilat: tips and places to know
Eilat, making a buzz as the city with no VAT (Value Added Tax). What kinds of savings can you enjoy? Are all products worth buying? Here are some great tips for smart shopping in Eilat. VAT-free shopping: Not all products purchased in Eilat are VAT exempt. Jewelry or watches valued at higher than $200, vehicles (including motorbikes and jet skis) all carry VAT.
But many of Eilat’s stores offer better prices than stores in the center of Israel.
- Electrical and electronic goods: Many Eilat stores offer electric and electronic goods at great prices, even competing with online prices.
- Clothing: Because clothes are VAT-exempt, many visitors take maximum advantage of the savings, often buying wardrobes for the whole family for all the seasons of the year.
- Baby gear: Eilat is also a place where you can make big savings on baby gear and brands because of the VAT exemption. This includes carriages and strollers, carriers, chairs and more.
- Big Eilat Shopping Mall. 10,000 square meters of fun and fabulous shopping. You'll find familiar chains and other stores. Easy parking options.
- The New Ice Mall. Ice rink in the center, and the upper floors offers shops, entertainment for all ages, restaurants, and all kinds of activities.
- Red: Right on the waterfront and close to the hotels. Great choice of fashion stores, leisure activities, stores for children’s goods, and more.
- B.G. Outlet. Huge, modern store offering outlet items from leading Israeli and international brands such as Lee Cooper, Timberland, Nine West and many more! The store’s located not far from the Laguna, in Ofira Park
- Designer stores and boutiques. Great variety of boutiques offering items in different areas of fashion, from designer clothing to classy accessories at very affordable prices. Boutiques close to the Dan Eilat include Maya Negri, Ronen Chen and others. The King Solomon promenade has designer galleries with items at better prices than you'll find in the city center or northern city area.
- Mall Hayam Eilat. A great place for clothes shopping, Eilat’s much loved Mall Hayam has a huge choice of stores, including cosmetics, jewelry, sports goods, shoes, casual and classy clothing - all at great prices.
And what can you do when the shopping spree is all done? Come back to your Dan Hotel room and rest up with Dan Eilat or Dan Panorama services. Book your holiday now and enjoy great rooms, meals and highest hosting standards in the city. Once your shopping spree is done, enjoy all the ways Dan Hotels can pamper you best.